Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
RE: STEEL: What would you do?[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
- Subject: RE: STEEL: What would you do?
- From: Harold Sprague <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
- Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 09:29:26 -0600
The pipe fitter-welders you will get are better than most structural welders, but they may not be acquainted with the AWS D1.1. They will be more acquainted with the ASME BPV requirements.
Regards, Harold Sprague
Subject: Re: STEEL: What would you do?
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 23:27:16 -0600
Harold, thanks for your input, valuable as always.
From this I get that you would ship the thing "knock-down" but would setup for ease of assembly with as simple field-welding as possible.
As it happens, yes, this is a "process-heavy" job so there will be pipe fitter-welders who can weld up the crack of dawn/a broken heart, etc.
William L. Polhemus, Jr. P.E.
Sent from my iPad 2
On Dec 2, 2011, at 12:16 PM, Harold Sprague <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com> wrote:
- Prev by Subject: Re: STEEL: What would you do?
- Next by Subject: Stiffness reduction according to 10.10.4.1 aci318-08
- Previous by thread: Re: STEEL: What would you do?
- Next by thread: Reference for screwed connections in structural steel