RE: seaint Digest for 6 Dec 2011

Also known as a wale.  We've all seen them called out as a whale also.

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart, Matthew [mailto:MStuart(--nospam--at)Pennoni.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 9:22 AM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: RE: seaint Digest for 6 Dec 2011

A waler is basically a horizontal member used in excavation and other types of soli retention structures and is analogous to a girt in building construction.

Structural Division Manager
Pennoni Associates Inc.
One Drexel Plaza
3001 Market Street, 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Office 215-222-3000 x7895 | Direct 215-254-7895
Fax 215-222-0789 | Mobile 908-309-8657