Software inquiry

All,

What are you currently using for general steel connection/framing/erecting drawings/designs.

A colleague of mine is interested in SDS/2 as a standalone; and also as connected software with REVIT. He is hoping that it would help speed up our production of stairs, grating handrails as well as standard AISC steel connections/details.

Currently our approach is to use GT STRUDL and/or ANSYS for our industrial type (i.e. nuclear industry) designs followed by modeling in Inventor which we then export to AutoCAD for drawing creation.

If you have any recommendations or experience I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks in advance, you may respond to the list or myself directly at kavsakpm(--nospam--at)westinghouse.com.

Paul M. Kavsak, P.E.

Principal Engineer

Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC

Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania 16066.