re: airport sound barriers

Gary,
I am not sure if ASCE or similar Canadian codes have a specific
opinion or load combination for this. But I would think that the
probability of planes taking off during a significant wind would be
quite low if not impossible. I think in absence of other requirements
I would check it 2 different ways:
Full wind pressure
Full plane pressure + wind pressure at max wind speed allowed for
plane takeoffs/landings (maybe available from FAA or the Canadian
equivalent)

However, a quick google search seemed to indicate large commercial
planes can be landed in 50-60+ knots... And they said there is no
established speed, like everything else, it depends...

Regards,
Andrew Kester, PE
Florida