Rebar Shop Drawings - European Practices

I was recently informed that the practice in Europe and Germany (in particular) is for the structural engineer to develop the shop drawings for concrete reinforcing steel.

In most other places in which I have worked, the develpment of the concrete reinforcing steel shop drawings is performed by the concrete reinforcing steel supplier/contractor.

I would appreciate any comments.

Regards, Harold Sprague