From: spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Subject: Rebar Shop Drawings - European Practices
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 11:22:06 -0500

I was recently informed that the practice in Europe and Germany (in particular) is for the structural engineer to develop the shop drawings for concrete reinforcing steel.

In most other places in which I have worked, the develpment of the concrete reinforcing steel shop drawings is performed by the concrete reinforcing steel supplier/contractor.

I would appreciate any comments.

Regards, Harold Sprague