Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Welding of Plate Washers[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
- Subject: Re: Welding of Plate Washers
- From: Mark Johnson <markajohn(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
- Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 08:49:34 -0700 (PDT)
|Doesn't seem right. If your talking about standard hardened washers, I
would question the weldability. |
Also, welding of plate washers or standard washers would defeat the purpose of slotting the holes. In some cases, shear connections with short slots have more rated capacity because the bolts don't have to resist moment.
For a more definitive answer, check with the ASIC solutions center; 866-275-2472 or on the web.
- Prev by Subject: Re: Welding of Plate Washers
- Next by Subject: Re: Welding of Plate Washers
- Previous by thread: RE: Welding of Plate Washers
- Next by thread: Re: seaint Digest for 9 Apr 2012