From: Mark Johnson <markajohn(--nospam--at)yahoo.com>
To: seaint <seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org>
Sent: Mon, Apr 9, 2012 11:48 am
Subject: Re: Welding of Plate Washers

Doesn't seem right.  If your talking about standard hardened washers, I would question the weldability.  Also, welding would defeat the purpose of slotting the holes.  In some cases, shear connections with short slots have more rated capacity because the bolts don't have to resist moment.

For a more definitive answer, check with the ASIC solutions center; 866-275-2472 or on the web.

HTH
MJ