Lifting system

Hi everybody

I'm designing a lifting system to ascend equipments from the ground to a building roof.

Due to some area problems, the winch has to be on the ground, and the arm-crane has to be in lower position by a normal day (same level of the roof), and has to raise itself above the roof about 4-5m, to lift the equipments (about 200kg), then to rotate and bring the equipments on their places.

By design the arm crane, I've taken a safety factor of 1.6 on the 200kg "live load", is anyone have experience with these kinds of structures? Is 1.6 is a sufficient safety factor for the structure bearing the equipments? Is there any code that I can justify the safety factor ?

Thanks

David Cohen

Chief Engineering Manager

Mobile-054-5515105

Office-03-9775278

Fax-03-9775232

www.barangroup.com

Confidentiality Message

This email message, including its attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the render of this notice is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete it from your system forthwith and notify us immediately. Thank you.