Wind Speed Over Hill Calcs

List,

I've found that the Canadian calculation for wind speed-up over a hill or escarpment is a little hard to wrap my head around. I've asked a couple of colleagues to do the calcs and the three of us came up with 3 different answers. I'm currently looking at the ASCE formula.

I wonder if anyone can give me an example so that I can figure out what the various symbols are supposed to represent.

TIA,
Gary