Re: Wind Speed Over Hill Calcs

Thanks, David
I used to have an old edition of S37. I will try to find it and see if it is in my old version which is written in Latin.
Gary

On 4/18/2012 10:20 AM, David Cohen (Baran Raviv) wrote:
The TIA-EIA-222G design of steel antenna support structure is explaining
very simply this kind of application.
The Canadian S37 for the same structures is also referring to wind loads
over hills.

David Cohen
Engineering Manager

Mobile-054-5515105
Office-03-9775278
Fax-03-9775232

-----Original Message-----
From: Gary L. Hodgson and Assoc. [mailto:design(--nospam--at)hodgsoneng.ca]
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 5:18 PM
To: SEAINT Mail List
Subject: Wind Speed Over Hill Calcs

List,

I've found that the Canadian calculation for wind speed-up over a hill
or escarpment is a little hard to wrap my head around.  I've asked a
couple of colleagues to do the calcs and the three of us came up with 3
different answers.  I'm currently looking at the ASCE formula.

I wonder if anyone can give me an example so that I can figure out what
the various symbols are supposed to represent.

TIA,
Gary

This footnote confirms that this email message has been scanned by Baran

Mail-System for the presence of malicious code, vandals&  computer
viruses

Confidentiality Message

This email message, including its attachments, is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the render of this notice is not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete it from your system forthwith and notify us immediately. Thank you.