Sent: Sunday, May 06, 2012 8:16 PM
Subject: RE: Column Buckling Due to Unifoemly Distributed Load

The best reference for the fundamentals of stack design is contained in a book published by the Lincoln Electric Company.  It is Design of Tubular Steel Structures (or something like that) and was written by Troitsky.

I am in DC on business and away from my resources right now, or I could be of more help.

Regards, Harold Sprague