Rebar Adhesive Anchoring

In the not too distant past we use to just use the vendor charts and tables for the appropriate development length of adhesive doweling of rebar (i.e. Hilti, Simpson, etc. catalogs) into concrete.  With the new ACI 318-11 Appendix D they now include adhesive anchors.  This may seem like a weird question but does the new Appendix D apply to the design of post installed adhesive rebar (i.e. rebar being used as rebar and not threaded like an anchor bolt)?  The latest ICC ESR documents have been updated to include all the Greek letter values for Appendix D but these are not really anchors in the sense of anchor bolts.  I have different cases where I have to add some short column piers to some existing foundation slabs and possibly some horizontal extensions of some existing foundations.

OR do I just forget the whole mess since ACI 318-11 is not in effect yet and use an old 2004 Hilti catalog that says to embed a #6 bar 9 inches and be done with it??

Thomas Hunt, S.E.