RE: Concrete Crack Repair

Michel,

I would suggest epoxy injection.  There are established procedures for epoxy injection.  The crack should be drilled and ported and sealed at the surface.   The injection starts at the bottom and is injected until epoxy comes out of the next port higher.  The injection port is sealed and the gun is connected to the next port higher.  The process is repeated until you get to the top of the wall.

I generally prefer the Sika line of concrete repair products, because they train the workers installing the product and they have good field support.

That said; what is the crack like?  If it is straight vertical, the crack would not impair the structural capacity.  If it is diagonal, it COULD impair the strength of the wall.  If it is horizontal it WOULD impair the strength of the wall, but not by too much given the size and due to the fact it is a retaining wall.  Crack injection runs about $7 to $14 per lineal foot.

Regards, Harold Sprague