Re: Fw: Important Message: SEAINT Continues on LinkedIn SEAOSCgroup

I suggest that each one send in one/two words his preferable option. a kind of vote for the continuing forum format.
1-LinkedIn (a new group has to be created since both of them there seems to be fake)
2- Google group (we need a volountary manager to create it and manage the new registered engineers)
3-Nothing new-everyone will take himself to the forum he wants to be.
4- Facebook (why not?- to create a new facebook member we dont need almost nothing )
5-other idea.
Lets vote for one of these options at the end of your day (since here Im at 05/30 - 6:54AM )
OK?

David Cohen
Chief Engineering Manager
www.barangroup.com

Mark Johnson <markajohn(--nospam--at)yahoo.com> wrote:

I apologize if this shows up twice, it didn't seem to go the first time.

List Members, Casey, Bill,

I think the list is a valuable
resource and would hate to see it discontinued.  It raises some
questions that I think many on the list are interested in.

Is there a date that the plug will be pulled on the servers that now host the list and the archives?
What is the supporting organization?  SEAINT?  SEAOSC?  SEAOC?
Is the intention that the list
would be a self-supporting independent thing?
Are there plans to move the list a second time to a Linkedin SEAINT group in the future?
A search of Linkedin on May 29 shows that there are two SEAINT groups on Linkedin; SEAINT owned by Shiraz Shahid
(a development manager based in Pakistan) with 24 members, and
SEAInt-Structural
Engineers
Association-International owned by Williston L. Warren, IV - S.E., SECB
(a structural engineer based in California) with 2 members.

As for the legal questions raised by David, who owns the copyrights on the material now?
If the list moved to Linkedin or Google, would Linkedin or Google own copyrights to the content?  If so, so what?
Would members be able to continue to post the archives to another website?

Regards,
Mark Johnson PE