From: T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. [mailto:Bill(--nospam--at)AllenDesigns.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2012 9:43 PM
To: seaint(--nospam--at)seaint.org
Cc: 'Williston L. Warren, IV-SE, SECB'
Subject: RE: [2] Important Message: SEAINT Continues on LinkedIn SEAOSC group

Casey -

Have you been following the dialog on this listserv? I can't recall anyone favoring LinkedIn or Facebook as a substation for the listserv.

Wouldn't it be better to get a consensus including gathering the opinions of those who actually use the medium for engineering discussions?

It wasn't too long ago that Bill Warren addressed the list and essentially said he would make happen whatever the users wanted. Did you include Bill Warren in your discussions?

Based on what I've read on the list, it appears to me that the more vocal users would like to try Google. I know NOTHING of that technology, but it seems to be the preference of the users. I believe the feature they like the best is the push technology instead of the pull technology of LinkedIn or Facebook.

Is this decision cast in stone or can you and your group reconsider the direction SEAOSC will take in this matter?

Thank you for all of your contributions to the association and the profession.

Regards,

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #S2607)

ALLEN DESIGNS
 Consulting Structural Engineers
        32302 Camino Capistrano, #206
         San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675