-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Harold Sprague Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2012 9:50 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: RE: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] AISC certification alternative

Will,
It depends on the inspector.  Once you are outside of the AISC it is
tricky.  There are no real requirements outside of ICC for special
inspectors of which I am aware.  You may be able to find an ICC certified
inspector, but you need to have the latitude to approve the inspector's
qualifications, and have the inspector submit his plan for inspection for
approval.  See if he addresses all of the AISC issues.  This is more of a
common problem in international work.

Talk to the steel inspection guru:

Bob Shaw
Steel Structures Technology Center, Inc.
5277 Leelanau Court
Howell, MI 48843-5437
phone (734) 878-9560
fax (734) 878-9571
info(--nospam--at)steelstructures.com

Regards, Harold Sprague

Truncated 863 characters in the previous message to save energy.