RE: AISC certification alternative

Mansoor,

I have been blessed by those who have served as my teachers.  My sharing
with this forum is a reflection of the debt to those who have mentored me
and were my patient teachers.  My teachers have been my family, iron
workers, engineers, professors, and researchers.  A lot of my teachers from
 my early days have passed on.  I remember them and give them honor by
participating in this forum.  All I do is share what I learned from the
masters in our profession.  I am in a constant state of learning.
Participating in this forum is a privilege.

It gives me great pleasure if my sharing helps others in their work.  Some
of my teachers that have passed on were never widely known.  Dr. Stanley
Niu and Dr. George Hauck were among my first teachers that gave me the
fundamentals.  I was never a student at Stanford, but Dr. Helmut Krawinkler
 was a colleague.  I had the privilege of skiing with Helmut at Deer
Valley, Utah in 1999.  Those 3 men had hardships in their early lives in
World War II Europe and China that I cannot imagine.  They were brilliant
men and patient teachers.  Their teaching lives on.  Your finding value in
what I share is a tribute to them.

Structural engineering is my passion and continues to be a wonderful
profession.

Regards, Harold Sprague

> From: mk(--nospam--at)larsondesigngroup.com
> Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 11:24:25 +0000
> Subject: RE: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] AISC certification alternative
> To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
>
> Although following is not related to the topic being discussed, but I
> just wanted to say "THANK YOU" to Harold. Ever since I have joined this
> learned forum, I have gained immensely from his well-informed and lucid
> Mansoor Khan, EIT
> Project Designer - Structural Engineering
> TEL (570) 323-6603 ext. 238
> DIRECT (570) 651-1530
> Fax (570) 323-9902
> EMAIL mk(--nospam--at)larsondesigngroup.com
>
> Larson Design Group
> www.larsondesigngroup.com
> 1000 Commerce Park Drive, Suite 201
> Williamsport, PA 17701

Truncated 1076 characters in the previous message to save energy.