Re: Pe Act/CA Code Of Regulations Title 16 Div 5

Thx Harold,

Best regards,

djk

On Thu, Aug 2, 2012 at 2:55 PM, Harold Sprague
<spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>wrote:

> I have reported an unsafe structure in the past to the Owner based on
> visual observation.  I was later contacted by the enigneer who was
> grateful for my observations.  Repairs were made, and all was good.  But
> the Codes of Ethics is a bit vague on whether or not reporting a
> deficiency is an "professional obligation".  Engineers are not casual
> observers.  We have training and knowledge that gives us more insight on
> structural performance.
>
> <http://cirrus.mail-list.com/seaint-seaosc/31935100.html>
> <http://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/licensees/conduct.shtml>
>
> I would suggest reading ASCE Canon 1.  It may not be a law, but I think
> it adds clarity.
>
> Regards, Harold Sprague
>
>> Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 12:30:10 -0700
>> From: djk1engineering(--nospam--at)gmail.com
>> Subject: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Pe Act/CA Code Of Regulations Title 16 Div 5
>> To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com

Truncated 618 characters in the previous message to save energy.

--
*Desi J. Kiss, M.S., P.E.- *Principal
*DJK Engineering* - Mission Viejo CA.

"Be brave enough to stand up for what is right, although it
may not be popular or easy, and even if you stand alone"

Anonymous
*CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION: This e-mail and any electronic attachment  is
only intended for the use of the person or entity to which it is addressed,
and it may contain information that is privileged and confidential.   All
recipients are obligated and directed to maintain it in a safe, secure and
confidential manner.  Unauthorized re-disclosure or failure to maintain
confidentiality is strictly prohibited and you may be subject you to
violations of state and/or federal law(s) and carry criminal and/or civil
penalties. If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately notify
the sender by return e-mail and please delete this message immediately from
your computer or any other electronic device without making a copy or
distribution. Thank you.*