Re: ACI Tension Members Embedment Length of Straight Bars

It seems like if the bond length is enough to develop the force that is
required to be resisted then it would be similar to the case where a
greater force is present and a full development length was provided. I
don't really understand it.

If I only have 1 kip of tension on a #6 straight bar embedded 16 inches
then the bar should be treated as if it does not provide adequate
resistance by ACI?