Need a book? Engineering books recommendations...
Re: Wide Flange Beam Connection At HSS Column[Subject Prev][Subject Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
- To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
- Subject: Re: Wide Flange Beam Connection At HSS Column
- From: Drew Morris <dmorris(--nospam--at)bbfm.com>
- Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2012 09:22:14 -0800
- List-subscribe: <mailto:SEAINT-SEAOSCfirstname.lastname@example.org>
What is the design guide from CIDECT? On 8/7/2012 4:41 PM, Davis Parsons wrote:
The moment connection you describe sets beta = 1.0. This means the limit states of Local Yielding of HSS Sidewalls and Local Crippling of HSS Sidewalls must be checked. I would advise that the 2010 Specification be used since the limit states are tabularized and have clarifying figures with them. Resolving the moment into its component flange forces allow the use of Table K1.2 to check this connection. This method comes from the design Guides published by CIDECT. Replied by: Davis G. Parsons II, PE RA FAEI Texas PE 42397, Texas Architect 9462 Fort Worth, Texas -----Original Message----- From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Truncated 1371 characters in the previous message to save energy. -- *Drew Morris, PE*| /Project Engineer/ BBFM Engineers, Inc. <http://www.bbfm.com/> 510 L Street, Suite 200 | Anchorage, Alaska 99501 Ph: (907)274-2236 | Fax: (907)274-2520 | Web: www.bbfm.com -------------------------------------------------------------------------Post your message to the list by sending it to: SEAINT-SEAOSC(--nospam--at)mail-list.com.
The email messages sent to the list will be saved in an archive on the World Wide Web. These archives are located at: http://archive.mail-list.com/SEAINT-SEAOSC To contact the list owner, send your message to: SEAINT-SEAOSC-list-owner(--nospam--at)mail-list.com.5360 Workman Mill Road, Whittier, CA 90601
To unsubscribe, switch to/from digest, get on/off vacation, or change your email address, click here. http://cgi.mail-list.com/u?ln=seaint-seaosc&nm=seaintma%40euken.net
- Prev by Subject: RE: Wide Flange Beam Connection At HSS Column
- Next by Subject: RE: Wide Flange Beam Connection At HSS Column
- Previous by thread: RE: Wide Flange Beam Connection At HSS Column
- Next by thread: RE: Wide Flange Beam Connection At HSS Column