Re: Advanced Framing - residences

There was a case of a new school building in southeast Alaska that was LEED certified Silver (?) that cost the school district more in electricity costs than the school it replaced. They are not happy...

On 9/19/2012 6:03 AM, T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. wrote:
I'm not intending for this to get into a political debate, but I don't
think anyone is claiming that "going green" means "going cheaper".

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #S2607)
University of Southern California, M.S.C.E., 1983
University of Texas at El Paso, B.S.C.E, 1977

ALLEN DESIGNS
Consulting Structural Engineers
32302 Camino Capistrano, #206
San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675
V (949) 248-8588•F (949) 209-2509

-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Chuck Utzman Sent: Tuesday, September 18, 2012 7:02 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Advanced Framing - residences

Tiburon, CA. It was a stupid attempt (and don't look at me!) to get more

Truncated 804 characters in the previous message to save energy.

--
*Drew Morris, PE*| /Project Engineer/
Ph: (907)274-2236 | Fax: (907)274-2520 | Web: www.bbfm.com