Re: Advanced Framing - residences

Until you have actually engineered & built one, I would have to agree with the your estimate of the value of your opinion on the subject.
Chuck Utzman, P.E.

On 9/19/2012 1:26 PM, T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. wrote:
It seems like to me that, in order to make this endeavor successful, at
least two things should happen:

1.       Hold a preconstruction meeting so that the contractor knows this
is not your typical framing job.

2.       Shop drawings should be prepared to ensure the framing is
consistent with the design.

No, neither item will lower the cost of construction but would go a long
way to achieve the intended goal.

Just my two cents.

T. William (Bill) Allen, S.E. (CA #2607)

University of Southern California, M.S.C.E., 1983

University of Texas at El Paso, B.S.C.E., 1977

Truncated 1121 characters in the previous message to save energy.