RE: Old Joist Type

Have you contacted SJI directly?  There is an online form located on the
SJI website called the Joist Investigation Form.  I filled one out a about
last year for a roof joist on a 1960’s tilt-up building, and they sent me
 a pdf of an old manual.  I was able to identify the existing roof joist.
To pin down the joist, I took field measurements using a micrometer for
angle thicknesses, diagonal diameter, etc.  It sounds like your joist has
similar cross section properties as the joists in my project.  Below is a
link to the Joist Investigation Form.

http://steeljoist.org/joist-investigation-form

Good luck.

Ricardo G. Gonzalez, P.E.

C S W | S T 2

CSW/Stuber-Stroeh Engineering Group, Inc.

45 Leveroni Court, Novato, CA  94949

Civil Engineering ∙ Structural Engineering

Planning ∙ Land Surveying & Mapping

main: 415-883-9850          fax: 415-883-9836

direct: 415-884-6442        e-mail: RicardoG(--nospam--at)cswst2.com

links: Web Site ∙ Blog ∙ LinkedIn ∙ Facebook ∙ Twitter