Re: Advanced Framing - residences

I agree with you Chuck. Your subject engineer has been a thorn in our a... for years and I'm afraid that's one of the reasons many of the participants left. I have usually tolerated this to a point - but there's other forums to participate in.

I started the discussion on the green framing to get some sort of response from the group and I think I was successful that a number of people responded. But it appears that we've lost a lot of good participants -- I was off for quite a while because the system wouldn't accept my subscription. We have a tremendous amount of engineering talent in this group that have been very generous with their advice over the years. I've been in engineering of some sort since 1951 - worked for a heavy construction contractor straight out of college - Guy F. Atkinson (gone) through a number of really good company's - best were Earl and Wright (gone) and John Blume and Associates with my boss being Joe Nicoletti -(still consulting) and I remember some of the really great mentors in the San Francisco area - Sol Cooper and Ben Gerwick - as well as the great seminars put on by the SEAONC. None of these people were j----! But we have great people of equal caliper on this list and I hope that more come back.

Sorry Mansoor, I needed to add a little rant today. My little 40 year old company and my old age have gotten less tolerant lately. My deceased father used to say "I'm 90 years old and you can't tell me what to do!" Well, I've got ten more years before I can really say that - but he was an architect and they will try anything (sometimes).

I'm also a little sour because it's the 11th anniversary since I went to New York for ten days on September 11th, 2001 with the local USAR group. Some of you might remember that I asked for drawings on the list and got a response - but no drawings.

neil