Re: Advanced Framing - residences

In Alaska, we typically use (minimum) 2x6 to provide the wall cavity sufficient depth for a R-19 insulation rating. The studs will vary in spacing depending on their height (out-of-plane) and gravity loading. We will look at aligning studs at the trusses if the top plate plate can't support the truss loading.

Looking at the "Advance framing", it appears to be a solution in search of a problem.