Re: Steel beam grade

I did the same and assumed 42 ksi steel. It may be 50 ksi, but everything works at 42 ksi.

On 9/26/2012 9:34 AM, Will Haynes wrote:
Looking at my steel manual from that time I would also go with the 42 ksi
assumption if that is all the information that is available. Page 5-215 of the AISC 7th edition (Revised 6/73) has that ASTM 572-72 covered 6 grades of steel with 42 ksi being the minimum.

WH