Mobile 908-309-8657

From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Stuart, Matthew Sent: Saturday, September 29, 2012 7:52 AM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Tilt-Up Panel to Footing Connections

I haven’t had a plans reviewer ask me why my tilt-up panel foundation
detail does not include a mechanical connection at the footing but does at
the slab-on-grade in so long I don’t even know where the latest IBC
section is that relates to this exemption if no uplift forces exist. Can
someone point me to the proper IBC exception that allows panels to be
physically connected to the slab-on-grade only and not the footing?

D. Matthew Stuart, P.E., S.E., F.ASCE, SECB, MgtEng Structural Division
Manager Pennoni Associates Inc. One Drexel Plaza
3001 Market Street, 2nd Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Office 215-222-3000 x7895 | Direct 215-254-7895 Fax 215-222-0789 | Mobile
908-309-8657 http://www.pennoni.com | mstuart(--nospam--at)pennoni.com