IBC Deflection Limits for Brick Cladding

The 2012 International Building Code (IBC), Table 1604.3 provides a
deflection limit of L/240 for "other brittle finishes" with the wind
pressure taken as 0.42 times the “component and cladding” pressures for
 determining deflection limits.  I have presumed this to apply to brick
veneer / stud wall systems.

The basis of this provision is not provided in the IBC.  In the past a 10
year wind was roughly equivalent to about 0.75 times the 50 year wind.

Does anyone know the basis for either the L/240 or the 0.42 factor?

Regards, Harold Sprague

> Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 09:36:03 -0700
> From: r_varjavand(--nospam--at)yahoo.com
> Subject: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Site Amplification in Japanese Codes
> To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
>
> Good morning,
>
> I would really appreciate it if you could share with me your information
> about site amplification coefficients in Japanese building codes.
>
> Any link to the code , or a document that mentions those coefficients
> would help me much.
>
> Sincerely,
> Roshanak

Truncated 1393 characters in the previous message to save energy.