-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Harold Sprague Sent: Tuesday, October 02, 2012 7:18 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: RE: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] IBC Deflection Limits for Brick Cladding

Joel and Will,
I just heard back from the author of this in the IBC and he confirmed what
you stated.  Basically it is a 10 year wind repackaged to start from the
ultimate values.  I have an article coming out soon discussing the
L/whatever factor as an indicator of performance.  We need some more
studies because the actual testing and observations in the field do not
match the design guides.  And there is no link beween permeability of the
brick veneer cladding and cracking.  But the IBC has a "requirment" for
L/240 based on a 10 year wind because it is in the building code.

I have traveled far since I was using L/600 for a 50 year wind.

Regards, Harold Sprague

> From: jadair(--nospam--at)shwgroup.com
> Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 20:04:24 +0000
> Subject: RE: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] IBC Deflection Limits for Brick Cladding
> To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
>
> I believe the 0.42 factor is taking into account that the wind

Truncated 624 characters in the previous message to save energy.