RE: IBC Deflection Limits for Brick Cladding

Jim,

That is what the Clemson study showed.  The testing of 6 panels tested both
 with negative and positive pressures up to 3 times the design load
indicated that there was no difference in cladding permeability whether the
 veneer was cracked or uncracked.  I was surprised by reading the data.  As
 a matter of fact they detected a slight reduction in permeabilty after the
 samples cracked.  They attributed this to small debris filling up voids in
 the veneer.  I was surprised.

Regards, Harold Sprague

> From: jgetaz(--nospam--at)shockeyprecast.com
> Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 11:49:18 +0000
> Subject: RE: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] IBC Deflection Limits for Brick Cladding
> To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
>
> Harold,
> Regarding "no link between permeability of the brick veneer cladding and
> cracking." Does this mean research shows that brick veneers have the same
> permeability whether cracked or not? Thank you, Jim Getaz

Truncated 779 characters in the previous message to save energy.

5360 Workman Mill Road, Whittier, CA 90601