RE: IBC Deflection Limits for Brick Cladding

Joe,
The IBC L/240 is the IBC limit.  I won't argue whether it is prudent or
not.  It is just what the IBC has established as a limit.  But once we
decide on a deflection limit, the next step is to determine if this is
service load or a limit state load.  If it is a service load, what is it?
A 10 year wind load is the tradition for service level loads.  That is what
 the IBC uses by employing the 0.42 factor on the C&C limit state loads.

Regards, Harold Sprague

> From: jovenengr(--nospam--at)verizon.net
> Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 01:27:27 -0700
> Subject: RE: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] IBC Deflection Limits for Brick Cladding
> To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
>
> Well Harold we all have traveled the winding path between L/600 and l/360
> but I just cannot swallow l/240 no matter if it is in the code or not.
>
> Regards, Joe Venuti

Truncated 851 characters in the previous message to save energy.

5360 Workman Mill Road, Whittier, CA 90601