Underground gas-pipe protection

Fellow engineers,

I'm designing an underground pipe for Natural Gas (12" - 6" diameter) 800m
length.

My client asks me to design a solution to protect the pipe for the case of

He thinks that it could be a 500 t-m crane there.

The maximum the crane could apply in one leg is 160 ton and they use a
3.8X2.4m dispersal plate (17.6 t/m²).

The pipe depth is varying between 1.5 to 2.7 m.

The geotech engineer doesn't collaborate so much; it's a sandy-clay soil (I
 hope I'll get some more information about the soil bearing capacity and
sedimentation properties.)

Additionally the client asks to design them without steel reinforcement, in
 order to avoid problems with the cathodic protection.

So I'm looking for a simple way to check the impact of the crane loads on
the pipe, and a way to design a plastic reinforced concrete pad to bear
this load.

I would be glad to get comments and recommendations.

Thanks

David Cohen

Engineering Manager

Mobile-054-5515105