To: <seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 11:05 AM
Subject: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Underground gas-pipe protection

Fellow engineers,

I'm designing an underground pipe for Natural Gas (12" - 6" diameter) 800m length.

My client asks me to design a solution to protect the pipe for the case of loading a crane-leg above the pipe.

He thinks that it could be a 500 t-m crane there.

The maximum the crane could apply in one leg is 160 ton and they use a
3.8X2.4m dispersal plate (17.6 t/m²).

The pipe depth is varying between 1.5 to 2.7 m.

The geotech engineer doesn't collaborate so much; it's a sandy-clay soil (I
hope I'll get some more information about the soil bearing capacity and
sedimentation properties.)

Truncated 1169 characters in the previous message to save energy.