-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of h.d.richardson Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2012 5:09 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Underground gas-pipe protection

David,

        Sorry I did not get a chance to get back to you yesterday but I
was otherwise occupied.

        I have some thoughts that may or may not be useful for the
solution of your problem.

1.  If the location of the future crane support points is known you could
build "tables" (supported on piles or otherwise) to support the crane
legs.

2.  If the future crane support points can not be determined in advance
you might consider backfilling the excavation with "flowable fill" or a
slightly stronger concrete mix.  It could even be reinforced with fibres
or other reinforcing if desired.

3.  As a Cadillac version of #2 you could even sleeve the pipe for the
entire 800 meters.  You may need to provide some sleeved portion at the
ends to provide flexibility for the transition from underground to

Truncated 2221 characters in the previous message to save energy.