-----Original Message-----
From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Will Haynes Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2012 1:07 PM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Wind Loads for Pedestrian Bridges

It looks like it has changed. The LRFD Pedestrian Spec references the
AASHTO LRFD Bridge Spec articles 3.8 and 3.9. The sections have tables with
 base pressures that are higher than 35 psf based on wind angles and it
gives lateral and longitudinal loads. The Pedestrian spec also add an
uplift line load requirement to what is in 3.8 and 3.9.

WH

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 3:13 PM, Ricardo Gonzalez
<ricardog(--nospam--at)cswst2.com>wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> We have an old (1997) version of the Guide Specifications for Design
> of Pedestrian Bridges which states a horizontal wind load of 35 psf
> for open truss bridge (Section 1.2.2).  Has this load changed in the
> most current edition (LFRD Guide Specifications for Design of
> Pedestrian Bridges, 2nd Edition)?
>
> Thanks in advance,

Truncated 404 characters in the previous message to save energy.