Re: 20' foundation walls

The water table may fluctuate so it would be good to have a geotech's
opinion for the area but I am figuring a report may not be available. Even
if there is adequate drainage behind the wall, if the high seasonal water
table is above any drain elevation there will be saturated soil pressure on
the wall and I think following ACI 350 is a good idea.

I would add a water stop to any construction joints in a basement wall
regardless. Self consolidating concrete can help with larger pour heights
as mentioned, the pressure on the formwork will be quite high if pouring
from 20 feet.

Will H