Blast Door Design : Edge Rotation

Hi,

I am currently working on a blast door design and geometry of the door and
pressure requirements are such that despite having a ductility ratio of
less than 1, i.e. door remains in elastic region, I am getting a edge
support rotation angle greater than 2 degrees (which is the limit set in
UFC manual for protection category-I structure).

My question is, since I remain in the elastic region, there is no way the
blast door is going to fail. In that case, should I be worried about not
meeting the support edge rotation criterion. This edge rotation criterion
seems to be an overly conservative criterion.

Thanks,

Kapil