Re: Blast Door Design : Edge Rotation

Hi,

The provision for deformation and ductility criterion is taken from
UFC-3-340-02 (http://www.wbdg.org/ccb/DOD/UFC/ufc_3_340_02_pdf.pdf),
Chapter 5, Pg 1496, Summary of deformation criterion.

Yes, the door has panic hardware in it. Basically they are a bunch of
rebound pins.

The door that I am working on is big (15'x16') double leaf door, each leaf
of which can only supported on two side (top and side). It is a monolithic
plate. If a built door is the answer to this problem then can how should I
design my vertical stiffener of the door plate given that it can only be
supported on one side ?