Re: Blast Door Design : Edge Rotation

Here is the link to the file :

<https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B3cJncZxYPgpUkhBR1dxU0ZicXc>

@ Mansoor : Unfortunately, center fixed mullion is not allowed. Customer
wants full width without any obstructions.

@ Larry : I have thought about using a stiffened door, but I am having hard
time trying to figure out how to design the vertical stiffener. For the
composite door, I can design the plate as all 4 sides supported, calculate
the reaction shear loads and then design horizontal beams as both sides
simply supported. For the next step, how should I design the vertical beam,
which is near the center of width of door. This beam can only be supported
on the one end. If the beam is to be designed as a cantilever beam, how do
I transfer that high moment that will be generated to the door jamb ?

Thanks

On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 11:08 AM, Mansoor Khan
<mk(--nospam--at)larsondesigngroup.com>wrote:

> Kapil -
>
> Have you thought of a center fixed mullion? This way each leaf (inactive
> and active leaf) can be designed as a simply supported (four sides) for
> direct internal loads and as a one way element spanning the leaf width
> for rebound loads.
>
> Mansoor Khan

Truncated 536 characters in the previous message to save energy.