PEMB Open Sided

When I designed PEMBs we would "rack the roof bracing" on smaller buildings
in 90 to 100 mph regions. Meaning for a building with 3 sides braced and
one side completely open, or could not otherwise accomodate a braced or
portal bay, we would transfer the lateral through the roof cables and into
the parallel wall that had the bracing or portals frames with the
perpendicular end walls taking out the torsion.

Is this still common practice for PEMBs and if so can you give you give me
some general limits on the size bldg this method is employed?

WH