Re: Buoyancy factor of safety

Thank you for all your responses, I guess I was trying to justify a lower F.S than the 1.67, considering that the ground water will rise to the top of grade, as Daryl suggests, and the water weights are pretty well defined, I just do not see reducing the weight of concrete by 60%

Tarek Mokhtar, SE

Doesn't the load combination 0.6D + H give you a "safety factor" of 1.0/0.6 = 1.67?