RE: Monorail for 2-3 ton Hoists

Gary,

Generally the required out of plane hoisting loads will govern.  You will
also have to consider the weight of the hoist as a non-structural component
 for seismic, but unless the hoist is particularly massive the out of plane
 hoisting loads will govern.

Any picked load will be essentially isolated and will not contribute to the
 seismic demand.

Regards, Harold Sprague