Re: ASCE 41-06 and Epoxied or Expansion Anchors

Thank you, Harold.  These are for seismic force transfer.
 More specifically, adding a steel plate across a tilt-up panel joint to
get added in-plane wall panel shear resistance.  Not that we are endorsing
any particular manufacturer, but we all know the "big boys" that have their
software available for all to use.

That being said, I get to take the governing failure mode (concrete
breakout strength), and increase the capacities by a factor of 1.0 /
(0.70*0.75).  I apologize if this haas been discussed prior.  I'm having a
diffiuclt time comparing apples (ASCE 7) to very unique and "newly
introduced apples (ASCE 41).

Again, thank you, Harold.  You are an invaluable resource for us on this
SEAINT list server.

Regards,
David Topete

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 2:45 PM, Harold Sprague
<spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>wrote:

> David,
>
> The most definitive capacities are determined from testing from several
> ACI 355.x documents.  These documents are boiled down to the ICC ESR
> documents. I would select one or 2 favorite suppliers and look up the
> ESR's on the ICC web site.  Make sure that they are current and used the
> ACI 355.x documents. There is no such thing as "any epoxied anchor".
> There are only testing values for specific anchors and anchor
> manufacturers.
> If the load is a sustained load, do not use epoxies.  My strong
> preference is for the undercut anchors.  They behave like a cast in
> anchor.
> Regards, Harold Sprague
>
>> Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 13:48:17 -0800
>> From: d.topete73(--nospam--at)gmail.com
>> Subject: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] ASCE 41-06 and Epoxied or Expansion Anchors
>> To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
>>
>> HELP! I am trying my hardest to make sense of which capacities I may use

Truncated 538 characters in the previous message to save energy.

--
David Topete, SE