RE: Concrete Water Tank, Wall Thichness

Faraz,

The ACI standard to which you refer is "ACI 350-05".  I am not sure to what
 you are referencing.

The ACI 350.3-01 standard has a "Z" value, but it is out of date.  In order
 to ues this older standard you have to go to the bridging equations
contained in the NEHRP Provisions.  This Z value has nothing to do with the
 center of mass.  It is a function of the site seismicity.

The current standard is the ACI 350.3-06 (this standard dumped the "Z"
value).  This standard has a commentary and should be more straight
forward.

One free field response acceleration time history is not much to use.  I
would suggest using the current ACI 350.3-06 and determine the Ss and S1 as
 done with the current ASCE 7 or if this is outside of the US use the GSHAP
 to determine the values.

Regards, Harold Sprague