Mobile 908-309-8657

From: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com [mailto:seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com] On
Behalf Of Harold Sprague Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2012 11:41 AM
To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
Subject: RE: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Wood Species Test

Matthew,

Wood species determination is a free service of the US Forest Products
Laboratory in Madison, WI.  The following web site gives you all of the
information you need.  If you have more samples than they allow, you can
call the lab and they will direct you to someone that can provide this
service for a fee.

Dr. Tom Quirk worked for the US Forest Products Lab and had a small
business on the side where he identified wood species for businesses.  Tom
died of cancer earlier this month.  He was also a retired LtCol in the 1st
U.S. Airborne Division, Army Reserves.

There are a few people that I like to contact directly at the lab on a
personal basis.  You can get a ton of product specific information that
they cannot publish.   I don't have a current contact for wood species at
the lab.  I would suggest calling the lab and asking them for a
recommendation.  But they should identify a few samples for you.

Truncated 677 characters in the previous message to save energy.