Contraction Joints in Bonded Concrete Repairs

I am designing repairs for an existing deteriorated concrete structure
consisting of monolithic two-way slab/beam construction.  The top side of
the structure is exhibiting corrosion-related spalling in various
locations.  My plan is to remove the deteriorated concrete, prepare the
steel and concrete substrates, and place fresh concrete.  Sizes and aspect
ratios of the repair areas vary widely.  Repair concrete will be bonded to
the roughened existing concrete substrate and restrained by embedded
reinforcement, meaning only the top surface of the repair can move due to
shrinkage.  Unfortunately, I have had difficulty finding definitive
recommendations on spacings for contraction joints in such a repair.  Most
of the ACI publications address slabs that are cast on a slippery base
material, such that the top and bottom surfaces of the slab are free from
significant restraint.  Any insights would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Brian Felker, P.E.
Design Manager/Structural Engineer
NAVFAC MIDLANT / IPT NE