RE: Contraction Joints in Bonded Concrete Repairs

Brian,

Generally there are no contraction joints in structural concrete unless you
 need to mimic existing joints.  Contraction joints are an unusual topic.
Look at almost any horizontal structure, and you do not find contraction
joints.  You find them on slabs on grade because slabs on grade only have
“temperature” steel.  There is a lot of rebar in a structural slab (as
opposed to a slab on grade) and contraction joints are not commonly used.
Expansion joints are used, but not contraction joints.

Regards, Harold Sprague