Re: Contraction Joints in Bonded Concrete Repairs

Also, are you relying on the new concrete in the positive moments areas?

On Wednesday, January 9, 2013, Will Haynes wrote:

How much concrete is being removed? Is it too thin to install new WWR in?

If this is more like a thin topping slab then I think the new concrete
would bond to the existing roughened concrete and cause shrinkage cracks. I
 would begin to judge the amount of joints required on how thick it is and
if you can add reinforcing.

WH

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM, Felker, Brian P CIV NAVFAC MIDLANT, IPTNE