From: Harold Sprague <spraguehope(--nospam--at)hotmail.com>
To: seaint-seaosc <seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com>
Sent: Fri, Jan 11, 2013 3:00 am
Subject: RE: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Fwd: Single Plate LST Holes

Charlie,
The snug tight condition would be a bearing bolt, and you can use them in
the direction perpendicular to the slot within the limitations in AISC 360,
 Section 10.  If you need to resist load parallel to the slot, it would
have to be slip critical.  Again it is defined in Section 10.

Regards, Harold Sprague

> From: canitzcf(--nospam--at)aol.com
> Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 15:42:35 -0500
> Subject: Re: [SEAINT-SEAOSC] Fwd: Single Plate LST Holes
> To: seaint-seaosc(--nospam--at)mail-list.com
>
> Harold -
>
> Thanks.
>
> ST = Snug Tight. Due to the long slotted holes, I was wondering if the
> ST type connection was OK or if a slip critical type connection is
> required for this situation.

Truncated 381 characters in the previous message to save energy.